Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How to Сonfigure the Hardware Tab Settings?
Select the hardware type:
- Select the CPU hardware type to run the analytics processing on the central processor.
- Select the GPU hardware type to run the analytics processing on the graphics processor.
Select the decoding type. Depending on the type of decoding, the video is processed on different devices:
- CPU selection provides video decoding on the central processor.
- Intel selection provides video decoding on the Intel Integrated Graphics Processor (Intel HD Graphics).
- NVDEC selection provides video decoding on the NVIDIA graphics processor.
The FPS mode allows to set the number of frames per second processed by the analytics:
- A higher frame rate gives a better result if the video contains dynamic objects (e.g. the people flow in a shopping center or the vehicle traffic on the road).
- A lower frame rate is sufficient if the video contains static objects (e.g. vehicles in a parking lot).
The Key Frame mode selects only keyframes from the video stream. Keyframes have the lowest compression ratio, which saves resources for decoding and processing the video stream by the analytics.
The Once Every X Seconds mode processes 1 frame after a set period of time, while the remaining frames are skipped.
How to Get Google Maps API Key?
To get the Google Maps API key, open the Google Maps Platform by the link and click the Get Started button:
Once signed in, verify the Google billing account.
- Select the appropriate answers from the drop-down lists
- Carefully read the Terms of Service and check the box to agree
- Click the Continue button
- Enter the phone number
- Click the Send Code button
Once the verification code is obtained by SMS:
- Fill in the required field with obtained verification code
- Click the Verify button
- Fill in the required fields
- Click the Start My Free Trial button
Once the billing account is verified:
- Answer a few questions
- Click the Submit button
After the submission, a new window with generated API Key opens:
- Copy the API Key to the clipboard
- Click the Maybe Later button
After redirecting to the control console, select the APIs item:
In the APIs item, make sure the following APIs are enabled:
- Geocoding API
- Roads API
- Street View Static API